Position Announcement: Indonesia Country Coordinator
The Governors' Climate and Forests Task Force is seeking highly motivated and qualified applicants to apply for the position of Indonesia Country Coordinator. The position is funded under a grant from the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) through 2020. This consultancy is for one year with the possibility of renewal, beginning in January 2018. Read the full posting and application instructions here.
The GCF Task Force Coordinator will act under the supervision and guidance of the GCF Task Force members in Indonesia and the GCF Task Force Secretariat in Boulder, Colorado. The Coordinator is responsible for regional implementation of the GCF Task Force’s Results Framework, which focuses on achieving the goals of the GCF Task Force’s Rio Branco Declaration through the following outputs:
· High-level political participation in significant climate & forests processes facilitated
· Regional priorities and coordination established in annual roadmaps
· Subnational - national alignment promoted on policy, finance, and technical aspects of reducing deforestation
· GCF Task Force "champions" cultivated
· Peer-to-peer learning among civil servants and their partners (civil society, private sector, other governmental agencies, academia) facilitated
· GCF Task Force civil servants profiled
· GCF Task Force visibility increased (including through its on-line tools and new efforts to track and publish provincial developments)
· Jurisdictional access to donor-based funding sources facilitated
· Jurisdictional access to compliance markets promoted
The budget available will cover Coordinator salary, as well as provide limited funding for administrative support, meetings, and travel. Applications will be accepted from individuals or organizations until the position is filled.